Director Business Development
myTomorrows administers expanded access programs for biopharmaceutical companies. The company operates a patient- and physician-facing platform, through which it helps identify treatment options including clinical trials. When patients have exhausted standard care and clinical trial options, the company specializes in identifying expanded access opportunities, if appropriate for the patient. The company earns its revenue by providing expanded access administration and data collection services for biopharmaceutical companies.
In the competitive market segment of expanded access administration, myTomorrows stands out for its real-world data capabilities, patient-first approach, and quality management systems. Our value proposition is strong, and we need a capable business development director to make sure it reaches the right decision makers in biopharma, securing new business with top-tier drug makers.
What are you going to do?
You will be responsible for generating new business agreements with biopharma companies, meeting a challenging but achievable growth plan. The focus area for this position will be oncology. Here are some of the activities at which you will need to excel:
- Identify and prioritize business development targets in the field of oncology;
- Engage accounts and pursue discussions for new business development;
- Build a qualified pipeline of new business in line with plan targets;
- Navigate the decision-influencers and decision-makers at individual accounts;
- Cultivate global strategic relationships with key decision makers at a senior level within target biopharma companies;
- Develop and implement executive selling approaches;
- Develop innovative solutions and compelling proposals, working across internal functions; and
- Pursue deals and negotiate through to closing.
What skills do you need?
- As a successful candidate you have the following attributes:
- 5+ years biopharmaceutical business development, with evidence of outstanding track record for achieving growth targets;
- Advanced degree in life science and/or business;
- The ability to be conversant in drug development with industry leaders, grounded in a deep knowledge of the drug development process including clinical trial operations;
- Strategic acumen to critically analyze the market inefficiencies we address, the needs of our customers, and the services and value proposition of myTomorrows;
- Enterprise selling awareness: the ability to discern and navigate the decision landscape at a client account;
- Dynamic presence for individual meetings and large-group presentations;
- Experience creating strategic relationships and effective business partnerships in small and large biopharma accounts at a senior level and on a global basis;
- Competitive drive; and
- The ability to work independently and self-motivate to pursue challenging targets, while also working collaboratively with internal teams to craft meaningful and practically feasible business opportunities.
- The candidates is ideally based in Boston, MA. However, we will consider outstanding candidates from elsewhere in the US who are prepared to work remotely.
Location: Boston, MA.