Medior DevOps engineer
myTomorrows is an independent, globally operating organization based in the Netherlands. We provide patients with unmet medical needs and their doctors with information about treatment options worldwide and facilitate access to medicines in development.
We are changing the world of healthcare
By digitizing, organizing, and making accessible key healthcare information, we can make a real difference to real people with real illnesses, all over the world. Our goal is to ensure that patients and doctors don’t miss out on treatment options due to lack of information, understanding and administrative hurdles. Through our efforts to support patients and their doctors, we believe we can help patients from all around the globe.
What will you do – Medior DevOps Engineer
To strengthen our team, we are looking for driven Medior DevOps Engineer to join our team at headquarters in Amsterdam. In this role, you will be in charge of contributing to and later take over managing our AWS systems and their maintenance (OS, database services, virtual networks, or other platform services). You will develop automated tests for performance and correctness. Furthermore, you will participate in discussions about architecture, operations and engineering within Agile processes.
Next to this, in this role you:
- Enhance platform services with CloudFormation, CodeShip, and other tools;
- Master configuration management tools and CI/CD pipeline automation;
- Use automation to deploy, configure, manage, and monitor systems in support of our products and their development teams;
- Are able to organize your workflow, from the request for help, to their resolution;
- Will be installing hardware (GPU cluster for computational purpose) and software;
- Will be responsible for evice management, provisioning and accounting.
- You have a BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science or a related field;
- You have at least 3 years of experience with Linux/Unix administration;
- You have worked with cloud infrastructure, and specifically with AWS services (EC2, CloudFormation, CloudFront, ElasticBeanStalk, Lambda functions, RDS);
- You are Familiar with the Load Balancer concept;
- You have hands on experience with Docker and with provisioning: puppet, chef or related;
- Experience with device provisioning and account administration;
- You hav SQL Database experience (MySQL) and are able to write code in Python;
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills in English;
- It would be a great plus if you have:
- Experience with RESTFul APIs deployment, Flask and Django;
- An eye for Security awareness;
- DynamoDB or MongoDB exposure.
Compensation & Benefits
Our team is driven, caring, and determined. While we come from different backgrounds and disciplines, each member of our team contributes expertise that, combined with our technology platform, provides patients and their doctors the keys to drive the necessary change.
Other than working with a great team of young, smart and energetic people, we also offer:
- a competitive benefits package;
- an open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their selves and their career;
- Friday afternoon drinks and various nice events.