myTomorrows is an independent, globally operating organization based in the Netherlands. We provide patients with unmet medical needs and their doctors with information about treatment options worldwide and facilitate access to medicines in development.
We are changing the world of healthcare
By digitizing, organizing and making accessible key healthcare information, we can make a real difference to real people with real illnesses, all over the world. Our goal is to ensure that patients and doctors don’t miss out on treatment options due to lack of information, understanding and administrative hurdles. Through our efforts to support patients and their doctors, we believe we can help patients from all around the globe.
What will you do – Backend Engineer
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a Backend Engineer to add value to our business. At myTomorrows we have a Python-based stack. We use Flask and Django to host our services while the pipelines are based on Spark. We work in an Agile-ish way, with two weeks sprints. We have in place integration tests for out systems and also deployment pipelines.
In short, in this role you:
- Write modular, well-tested and maintainable code;
- Make architectural decisions;
- Contribute to the design for medium and large projects together with other engineers;
- Fix bugs/regressions quickly;
- Implement new features;
- Provide thorough and timely code feedback for peers;
- Communicate clearly on technical topics;
- Keep issues up-to-date with progress.
As our new Backend Engineer you are a passionate engineer to help our team build even more stable and scalable solutions in the backend. You care about doing the right thing and always keep in mind scalability and security when considering solutions. You are also a team player, open-minded and willing to share your ideas and expertise in an international environment.
- You have a Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field;
- You have a strong understanding of back-end development aspects (scalability, adaptability, robustness, security);
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in building REST APIs or webservices;
- You are proficient in Python;
- You have a deep understanding of how a data pipeline works;
- You are an analytical and critical thinker who show’s initiative and is a pragmatic problem solver;
- You are able to clearly communicate technical subjects;
- You are responsible for continuous delivery/integration;
- You are a Git master;
- You have basic knowledge of how Frontend works (for API integration).
- It is a plus when you have knowledge of Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, etc);
- It is a plus if you are a member of the open source community;
- Experience with agile software development practices such as scrum or Kanban is a pre; same as DevOps experience (Ansible/Puppet) and Experience with TDD.
Compensation & Benefits
Our team is driven, caring, and determined. While we come from different backgrounds and disciplines, each member of our team contributes expertise that, combined with our technology platform, provides patients and their doctors the keys to drive the necessary change.
Other than working with a great team of young, smart and energetic people, we also offer:
- A competitive benefits package;
- An open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop themselves and their career;
- Friday afternoon drinks and various nice events.
Please send your application to email@example.com. For questions please feel free to contact Sanne Scheffers via firstname.lastname@example.org.