myTomorrows is an independent, globally operating organization based in the Netherlands. We provide patients with unmet medical needs and their doctors with information about treatment options worldwide and facilitate access to medicines in development.
We are changing the world of healthcare
By digitizing, organizing and making accessible key healthcare information, we can make a real difference to real people with real illnesses, all over the world. Our goal is to ensure that patients and doctors don’t miss out on treatment options due to lack of information, understanding and administrative hurdles. Through our efforts to support patients and their doctors, we believe we can help patients from all around the globe.
What will you do – DevOps Engineer
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer to add value to our business. At myTomorrows we use Amazon as a Cloud Provider. VPC, Load balancer, Machine Instances, DBs and DNS entries are all provided by AWS. We heavily rely on CloudFront and Elastic BeanStalk.
Moreover, our stack includes:
- MySQL, MongoDB
So, in short, in this role you:
- Contribute with our engineer to design our systems: you create, own and maintain them;
- Use Continuous Delivery (CD) in our processes;
- Use Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to manage the infrastructure – preferably Ansible;
- Make sure that deployment pipelines are well structured, performant and being monitored;
- Work closely together with the engineer to improve the quality of our processes by creating and maintaining application management scripts;
- Work with other teams to improve our infrastructure for better scalability, security and fault tolerance;
- Work together with the engineer to make our infrastructure even more stable, available and performing;
- Troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
As our new DevOps Engineer you are a pragmatic person that loves to take initiative to make the infrastructure more efficient. You take the initiative when you spot something that is not performing and propose changes in order to improve the overall quality of the systems. In one sentence, you have the skills and passion for operational excellence. You are also a team player, open-minded and willing to share your ideas and expertise in an international environment.
- You have a Master in Computer Science or equivalent;
- You have a minimum of three years of experience as a DevOps Engineer;
- You have scripting Knowledge, Server and DB monitoring;
- You have strong knowledge of AWS Technologies (Networks, Load Balancers, etc.);
- You have very strong knowledge of LINUX environment;
- You are more than able to write shell scripts;
- Able to clearly communicate technical subjects;
- Experience with agile software development practices such as scrum or Kanban is a plus;
- Furthermore it’s a plus if you have experience with deploying and managing Python (Flask, Django) applications, Docker containers and in orchestrate microservices.
Compensation & Benefits
Our team is driven, caring, and determined. While we come from different backgrounds and disciplines, each member of our team contributes expertise that, combined with our technology platform, provides patients and their doctors the keys to drive the necessary change.
Other than working with a great team of young, smart and energetic people, we also offer:
- A competitive benefits package;
- An open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop themselves and their career;
- Friday afternoon drinks and various nice events.
Please send your application to email@example.com. For questions please feel free to contact Sanne Scheffers via firstname.lastname@example.org.